Below is the “Soft Batch” Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that is now a mainstay in our home. Credit for the original recipe goes to “Gluten Free on a Shoestring” with some slight variations being added in by my son’s wonderful, personal chef.
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose Gluten Free Flour (Glutino)
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 6 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Butter (room temperature)
- 5 tablespoons Crisco (melted and cooked)
- 1 tablespoons Vanilla
- 1 Egg & 1 Egg Yolk (room temperature)
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips mixed with 1 teaspoon corn starch
Mix butter, shortening. Blend in sugars, eggs. Add rest of dry ingredients (blend in bowl) until well mixed. Add chips.
Scoop on to parchment-lined cookie sheets. Chill for at least 3 hours.
Bake at 325°, 12-14 minutes or just until set. Let cool on the cookie sheets.
Yield: 24 cookies